ISA Montreal is organizing a virtual technical presentation on a Covid-19: an opportunity for improved cybersecurity by engineers. The conference will be presented in English and will take place on Wednesday 11 November 2020 at 6:00 p.m. At the end of the presentation, you will receive a one-hour training certificate.
During this presentation, you will learn:
- Why cybersecurity is important and how is it related to engineering?
- Basics of cyber security for engineers, operators, and contractors within the OT/IACS space
- Your responsibilities as a user, and engineer regardless if you are in critical infrastructure, or industry
- What you can do about it – as an individual computer user (even if cybersecurity or IT is not “your job”), or even through practice ( e.g., secure PLC programming)
- Ten OT cyber security myths, and current trends to face head on
- Current strategies to assess OT cyber risk and implement security
- Transitional approaches and compensating controls where changes to the process equipment is not possible
- How to identify potential issues proactively and report issues diligently even for the cyber unaware
- How being an ISA member can help, and what training/certification it provides on the topic of cybersecurity
Ron Brash is a Director of Cyber Security Insights at Verve Industrial Protection, a critical infrastructure-focused organisation that specialises in cyber security products, asset inventorying, vulnerability management, and process integrations/upgrades. Previously, Ron was a manager and SME at a Canadian Cyber Risk Advisory practice based out of Montreal, Quebec. He provided technical knowledge in the aviation security domain, selected ICS/SCADA topics, and advised on a number of technical areas ranging from reverse engineering firmware, risk assessments, security architecture reviews, vendor-integrations, and controls review. Additionally, Ron has an extensive history with oil & gas, was CTO of a technology consultancy providing secure development and security services for industrial devices, co-author at Packt publishing, vulnerability researcher, and was an embedded developer at Tofino Security (A division of Belden) where he worked on several products that are widely deployed today.
FOR REGISTRATION : Please click here !