The International Society of Automation (ISA) is a non-profit professional association founded in 1945 to create a better world through automation. The elections for President and the Executive Board recently concluded and your colleague, Maxym Lachance, was appointed to the Executive Board!
Maxym will begin his mandate officially on January 1, 2022. He’s already very involved with the ISA and is currently engaged in various levels of management such as:
- Member of the Executive Board of Montréal since 2013, three years as Vice-President and three years as President.
- Vice-President of District 13, which manages the Montréal, Toronto, Hamilton and Sarnia chapters.
- Member of the ISA Districts Restructuring Committee
- Member of the committee to address local ISA issues
- Served as an expert in reviewing articles and in presenting at ISA conferences
- Collaborating member of the 18.2 ISA standard for alarm management
- Served as an expert in reviewing the book entitled Fundamentals of Process Control
Please join me in congratulating Maxym on this fantastic appointment.
Find out more about the ISA
The ISA advances technical competence by connecting the automation community to achieve operational excellence. The organization develops widely-used global standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its members and customers around the world.
The ISA Executive Board is composed of the President, President-elect Secretary, Past President, Treasurer, 12 members with geographic, technical and operational experience, the Parliamentarian (non-voting) and up to three at-large, competency-based members.
For more information, visit the ISA website.